Sunday, February 7, 2010

Derrick Rose Is My Favorite Player

Derrick Rose, a 6'3" guard from the University of Memphis, is officially now my favorite new NBA player. Usually, I have favorite teams, which will always be the Washington Wizards, but with Gilbert Arenas' fondness for guns and internal strife that was the fallout of the incident, I have lost some faith in my Zards (even though they pulled a miraculous victory against the Magic on Caron Butler's last second shot last Friday).

Derrick Rose has slick handles (he handles and dribbles the ball with Spider-Man-like hands), a great shot, and he penetrates the paint with ease and with reckless abandon.

But my favorite thing about him is, for a guard (in NBA standards a relative small player), he can flies with the rest of the United Airlines fleet.

One of his greatest feats in his young career was to carry his young team to almost upset the former World Champions of 2008, the Boston Celtics, in last year's playoffs. If you want, you can order one of the most exciting NBA series on iTunes. Many pundits deem it as one of the most exciting in a long time.

But for now, check out this jam he did against the Atlanta Hawks. I was so stunned that I leapt back in my seat...and I'm not even at the game! Check out the Rose bro!

No comments:

Get It Done...

Get It Done...
2010: The Year of the Soni Tiger