Saturday, November 24, 2007

SK Wyverns: Champions of Korean Baseball

I'm very late in writing this, but the Wyverns did win the Korean Series from last month! Pictures are on my MySpace and Facebook accounts.

It was total euphoria at Munhak Stadium as the home team brought home the Korean Series title. Listening to the roar and fireworks as the Wyverns came down from a 2-0 series deficit was just total bliss. And James doubted they were going to come back. Have faith my friend!

Their impressive win earned them a ticket to the Asian Cup in Tokyo, facing an all-star team from China, the champion of the Taiwanese League, and the Chunichi Dragons for the Japanese Baseball Organization.

But this time around, our beloved Wyverns fell short of winning a second successive title, losing 6-5 in the chamionship of that series to the Dragons. Our boys just came close to conquering all of Asia!

What was so awesome about this experience is that in my first year in South Korea, I got to see a team win a championship...live. I've never had a hometown team in my life win a championship. These are stories for my kids. If I stay another year, perhaps I can watch them defend the championship.

No comments:

Get It Done...

Get It Done...
2010: The Year of the Soni Tiger