Thursday, January 2, 2014

Poem for 2014

2014 - three years from the return,
Grace I ever earned,
Lessons learned, I opened the textbook to see a curriculum I never heard,
That's right, wisdom is where the jewels are found,
We have heard of the word 'treasures,' so profound,
But we don't know where to start looking,
Like going to a travel agency without a destination we start booking,
We find trinkets along the way,
The shop stalls of success, love, fame, lust, pleasures, to pain,
Merchants display their wares,
Thinking that this is the place where money spent will spend all your cares,
But I keep looking and looking, no point to start,
Wisdom is the virtue that contains the application of knowledge,
Book smart from college can never polish,
Why you exist and whom you exist for,
That life ownership is not a stake to be bought with, yet what's more is that...
It is given, blessed by the Jah I know that I will be living,
If I pursue the lifeway path, all the way to the Son,
For whom all things orbit, in Him I find consistency in His sphere,
For someone greater than Solomon is here. 

No comments:

Get It Done...

Get It Done...
2010: The Year of the Soni Tiger