Sunday, August 30, 2009

MMA

Check out this video of MMA and UFC, commonly known as Mixed-martial arts, which is used to compete in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. UFC is a huge sport in America now, making lots of revenue using the medium of pay-per-view. I used to not be a fan of this stuff...I thought it was just too violent and bloody (yeah, even some guys are sensitive to this real-life stuff). Just too dangerous, ya know? Yet all of my American friends back at home watched this stuff in intensity and mimic the workouts that are associated with it.

After a lot of rule changes and an added structure to the sport, UFC has become safer (albeit the blood is still there) and has become popular with alot of young men around the world. My friend Jordan Jackson learns this stuff and he even showed me a few moves at home which I know is painful. Many men learn it not only to learn how to fight, its a great workout and regimen. Even women these days are getting into this stuff, as there is a women's competition now.

Maybe if I have the time and motivation, I would like to learn something like this. Watching this stuff brings out the gruff man in me and makes want to bulk up. Maybe I can learn hapkido now here in Korea and mix it up with MMA in the future.

A good, healthy body is not a bad thing.

1 comment:

Charlie Chang said...

Jeet kune Do my friend, Jeet Kune Do.

Get It Done...

Get It Done...
2010: The Year of the Soni Tiger