Saturday, February 16, 2008

Home...and Round Two

I found out I had home leave. Right after I got back from Japan, my friend Dave pops to me that I am supposed to take home leave right before the beginning of my new contract.

So I got back from Japan literally last Sunday. When I found out this piece of news, I have only touch landed in South Korea for one week, in which I will be headed back to America the next.

Three countries in three weeks...I am true road warriors.

So thus ends my first year of teaching English in South Korea. It ends on a successful note. Going home. I miss home. I miss my family and my friends, and I am looking forward for an energon booster to get me going for year two.

I said goodbye to all of my teachers, prinipals, and staff, and of course, my students. My students were sad to see me go, but in the end I have to move and they have to move on.

In a twist of God's Will, He placed in at the same high school I worked at as a guest English teacher over the winter: Hagik Girls High School. As my friend Doug noted, "From one extreme to the other." I moved all of my stuff out from my first apartment and moved to an older, but more bigger apartment, which resembles my friend Bobby's apartment. Props to my friend MoMo for coming out to Incheon and helping me move.

Well, I'm just thankful to God that I got my apartment before I went home...because coming back to a new place with nothing set up would be an absolute logjam while being jet lagged.

But, enough of the worrying. I am tired. I am exhausted. Dave and I duked it out with Japan's natural and artificial wonders for two weeks, I had to pack up everything and move out of my office and apartment in one, while teaching, and try to say a brief goodbye to my Korean family throughout the week. Wow, the plane ride back to the States sounds great about now...sleep!

I'm going to enjoy that plane ride for once.

I'm going to miss Yeonsu High School though, even though I might stop by to say hi now and then. A great staff, great students, and a great English Zone really made the transition much more easier for me to come here to Korea.

I made a huge risk in asking for a school transfer, but the Lord's Will has put me into another good school. I'm looking forward to working with opposite end of the gender spectrum and do alot of comparing while doing classes...its going to be weird.

To even start over again in a new neighborhood is like coming back to Korea all over again: to find the supermarket, to find a bank, to find the local subway station, bus routes...yeah...I was a little stressed out thinking about it. But God kinda told me to just, "relax...go home, and let's take care of things when we get back." So let's go home for two weeks.

Things I want to take care of when I get home:

a. Mexican Food - I miss Mexican food. I'm going to go to Mexico Restaurant and get me some Mexican food.

b. Taxes - I have to pay dues to Mr. Sam sometime

c. Register to vote absentee - someone has to be president by my decision

d. Church - church family is important. I miss First Baptist Church of Waldorf and their support for me this whole year, especially through prayer

e. Rest - no thoughts about Korea

f. Laughter - talk about things that we Americans can understand, especially humor

g. Fellowship - catch up on a year's worth of fellowship within two weeks with my family and friends in Christ

h. Sleep - I never get enough

So, Goodbye Yeonsu as I open the chapter to Hagik...only God can use me to be an effective tool for his Kingdom.

Mark 9 says, "'If you can?' said Jesus. 'Everything is possible for him who believes.'"

2008, I believe.

No comments:

Get It Done...

Get It Done...
2010: The Year of the Soni Tiger