Sunday, October 28, 2007

Quick Update

Hey guys:

Its been a while. This blog-site is blocked at my school, so I have to swing by the local PC Cafe to finish it up when I have time.

I have been real busy: this week I have to give oral English proficiency tests all this week and through next Wednesday.

This weekend I just got back from a church-weekend retreat to Ganghwa Island. It was a good time of "getting away," spend time with God, reflect, and ask Him what I need to clean up and continue to work on.

The biggest event going on here in Incheon are the SK Wyverns: the local baseball team here in Incheon. They are currently in the Korean Series, the equivalent to America's World Series, facing Seoul's Doosan Bears. Our local team, whom my friend James and I have been supporting since we got here in Incheon earlier this year, holds a 3-2 series lead, and have a game tomorrow night at their home stadium called Munhak Baseball Stadium. After losing the first two games at home (which we both miserably watched), the Wyverns gained steam and roared to win three consecutive games at Jamshil Station (home of the bears), and now take a 3-2 advantage back to Munhak.

If they win, we will not only win the championship of Korean baseball, but they will punch a ticket to the Konami Cup, aka the Asian Series, where the Wyverns will gain the right to face the champions of the Japanese, Chinese, and Taiwanese baseball leagues. This is the first ever kind of championship series that I have ever been to, and I'm excited to hopefully see our team win a championship, and be there to experience it...

Check out my MySpace page for pictures of the series.

Other than that, life is the same, just teaching, hanging out with friends, touring Seoul, learning Korean, and spending time with family.

How's your life lately?

No comments:

Get It Done...

Get It Done...
2010: The Year of the Soni Tiger